Basa en Papillote
1 pack of Rainforest Seafoods Basa fillet
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper or Simo’s Scotch Bonnet Salt
1 small lime, quartered, to serve
For the salsa
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Small bag callaloo
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp chopped scotch bonnet (OPTIONAL If you like it spicy!)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Good pinch of salt
- 4x 10 gr butter block
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Cut four sheets of grease proof paper big enough to fold over the fish to make a parcel. Combine all the ingredients for the salsa then divide it evenly underneath each fillet.
- Add the salt & pepper seasoned fish & the 10 gram butter piece on top
- Seal up the parcels, place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes until the fish is just cooked through.
- Drizzle the juice of a lime quarter over each fish just before serving. Serve with some boiled potatoes and a green salad (Optional)!
By Christina Simonitsch of Simo’s Bread and Catering