Sometimes, only a steak will satisfy. Here's a hearty meal for two that cooks in just 12 minutes.
Serves 2 | Prep 4 minutes | Cook 12 minutes
- Heat a nonstick frying pan to high.
- Brush the steaks with oil.
- Season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Cook the first sides of the steaks until moisture appears (approx. 4 minutes), turn and cook for another 4 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove from the pan, cover with foil, and allow to rest.
- Into the same pan, add the mushrooms, stirring to blend with the pan juices.
- Add the cream and stir again until well combined. Lower heat and simmer to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Place steaks onto serving plates and top with the decadent mushroom sauce.
- 2 X 200g scotch fillet or steak of your choice
- 1 tbs (20mL) olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup (125mL) cream