- 1 can (16 ounces) lump crab meat, drained 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ cup unseasoned panko bread crumbs
- 3 small heads romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Stir together mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar in a medium bowl. Remove 1/4 cup of the sauce, place it in a small bowl and set it aside to serve with the finished crab cakes.
- Add crabmeat, egg, scallions, salt and pepper to the remaining sauce in the medium bowl. Combine well, then gently stir in bread crumbs.
- Grease a foil sheet. Pack ½ cup measure with crabmeat mixture; then loosen around edges with knife and invert measure onto foil to form a crab cake. Repeat to make a total of 6 crab cakes.
- Heat grill to medium high. Brush each romaine half with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on grill. Grill for 1-2 minutes per side, then remove.
- Slide the foil sheet with crab cakes onto grill. Grill 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Serve crab cakes with reserved sauce, lemon wedges and grilled romaine.
Recipe by Josh Cellars
Wine Pairing Suggestions: Josh Rose