When people see lobster in a recipe, they immediately think it's a very luxurious meal or a recipe we need to keep for special occasions. The truth is, it is so simple to make these informal lobster rolls and with very few ingredients that it's going to change your mind and make you love lobster more, and you will do this more often than you think.
Today, this recipe is a combination of the famous and classic Maine lobster roll made with only melted butter but with a unique and different touch on it.
This fun, colorful, summer, and insanely delicious recipe will make your guests or family impressed, and you will love it.
Let's prepare it, and please, when you do it at home, make sure to tag your favorite supermarket @lingandsonsfoodmarket
Yield: 6 serves
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cooking time: 10 min
Total time: 25 Min
Author: Haisa Avila @redbeyondfood
Photo Credit: @orangemedia
- 2 pounds frozen lobsters tails or lobster meat
- ¼ cup truffle mayonnaise or regular mayo
- 1 tbs chives
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 6 hot dog buns
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Use a big pan with boiling water and cook the lobster tails for around 10 min.
- Remove the lobsters and take the meat out carefully.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mayo, lemon juice, salt & pepper, half of the butter, and add the lobster meat to the mixture.
- In a large skillet, stir the melted butter and toast each part of the bun for only 1 minute each side until golden.
- Finally, load each bun equally with lobster mixture and garnish the top with a little bit more fresh chives.
- You can steam the lobster meat as well.
- You can remove a little bit of bread inside the buns for more filling.
- You can add chips to this recipe as a garnish.
- If you don't have truffle mayo, you can use regular too.