If you have to make any easy & tasty dessert for a home party or simply because you want to do something for the weekend, this is the perfect dessert to make. Everyone loves lemon pie, especially if we do it in this fantastic presentation.
Lemon pie recipes are very easy to find, but we want to make sure you can enjoy the process of making it because the rustic simplicity of this pie is stunning.
Our recipe today is easy but tasty, classic but fun, and the most important thing is that the ingredients are easy to get with almost at no cost.
Let’s prepare together this lovely lemon pie, and if you do the recipe, please tag your favorite supermarket place @lingandsonsfoodmarket
Yield: 6 small glasses
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cooking time: 20 min
Total time: 45 Min
Author: Haisa Avila @redbeyondfood
Photo Credit: @orangemedia
1 pack of Maria cookies
50 gr Melted butter
Juice of 2 to 3 lemons
2 egg yolks
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 egg whites
4 tbs sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor, convert maria cookies into crumbs and add the melted sugar. Mix well until combined.
- Using an oven pan, place the mixture on the bottom bake for 15 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 to 10 min while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until fully combined.
- Take another pan and pour the mixture and take it to the oven for 10 min. The pie will still be jiggly.
- Remove the crust from the pan and transfer it to each glass, then add a piece of the filling on top.
- Place all the glasses in the fridge and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry peaks are formed.
- Gradually beat in sugar until soft peaks form.
- Finally, spread over each pie glasses.
- You can always do the same recipe with a regular pie pan. You continue the recipe in the same pan.
- You can use different cookies for your crust or even make a dough by yourself.
- You can always add more lemon juice if you like more sour-sweet.
- You can use whipped cream for the top as well, and is also very tasty.
- This lemon pie is perfect for any occasion.