- 2 lbs. fresh mussels, cleaned
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Josh Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or chervil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes until light golden in color. Add wine, salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to high, then add the mussels and stir well. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Stir again; then cover and cook 2-3 additional minutes or until mussel shells are opened. (Discard any mussels that do not open.)
- Remove mussels to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Add cream, parsley, and chives to the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes; then pour sauce over the mussels.
- Serve with crusty bread.