This Chocolate Mousse is incredibly smooth, creamy, delicious, and simple to make. You only need 6 ingredients to make this rich and decadent dessert too.
This chocolate mousse is incredibly tasty and it’s packed with tons of chocolate. You only need 6 ingredients (yes, SIX!) to make this mousse and that’s including the whipped cream topping. It’s also a perfect recipe that you can make ahead of time and refrigerate until you’re ready to enjoy it.
This recipe will make about 4 servings so it’s perfect for sharing and if you do this recipe please tag us to see your creation.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Chill time: 2 hours
Total time: 2:10 mins
Photo Credit: @CallmePetit
Recipe: @Redbeyondfood & Bellyfull.net
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder (OPTIONAL)
- Mix together the chocolate, salt, and espresso powder (if using) in a medium bowl.
- Heat milk until steaming and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then stir until combined and smooth. Allow to cool fully.
- In another medium bowl, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes. Gently fold into the cooled melted chocolate.
- Pour mixture into 4 (4 ounce) ramekins or small tumbler glasses. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Dollop with some whipped cream and chocolate shavings.