Nothing like a famous and tasty creamy hummus. Made with a handful of ingredients, this easy to make dip is creamy and a real treat for the taste buds.
Something you can create at home with ingredients like Tahini, chickpeas, and more. This healthy homemade hummus is perfect for dipping and can be used in sandwiches, salads, and burgers or for literary any occasion.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 20 min
Photo Credit: @CallmePetit
- 15 ounces can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Extra virgin olive oil for serving
- Paprika for serving
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Place chickpeas in a bowl of water and rub them together to peel the skin (optional step, but helps create a creamy texture).
- Drain the garbanzo beans and transfer them to a food processor. Blend them alone until they become powder-like, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the lemon juice, Tahini, garlic cloves, salt, and 2-3 ice cubes, and blend for about 5 minutes until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed by adding more lemon juice or salt.
- Spoon the hummus onto a plate or bowl, and spread the hummus with the back of a spoon to create swirls.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and fresh parsley. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Good for any occasion.
- You can use fresh chickpeas and let them sit overnight to peel their skin later
- Use a couple of ice cubes when you're using the food processor to make it even more smoothly.
- You can substitute the garlic and use peppers. Taste as good as garlic one.
- You can freeze the hummus for up to 3 months.
- If you could not find Tahini ( sesame paste), you can use Olive oil instead