Rainbow veggie pancakes
Serves 4 people
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 100 gr fresh pumpkin
- 100 gr cut Spinach (frozen)
- 50 gr Almond flour
- 50 gr Whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 75ml Semi Skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon baking poweder.
- 100 gr cooked red beats
- 250 gr diced mango (frozen)
- 75ml water
- 3 table spoons mild olive oil
1. Cook the pumpkin in 10 min. Drain the spinach. Mix the almond flour, wheat flour, eggs, milk, baking powder using a mixer. Pour the mix in 3 seperate bowls.
2. Cut the red beets. Ad per bowl- 1 vegetable : pumpkin, red beets, spinach. Mix each mixture separate using a mixer till you get an orange, pink and green color mix for each. Go from light color to darker.
3. Put the mango with water in a pan and cook. cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes. After cooking the mango squash the mango into a puree.
4. Heat 2 pans (preferably anti-stick pan) with olive oils, with the fire mid high and bake the pancakes. Each at about 8 cm diameter for 5 minutes. Bake each color separately.
5. Serve the rainbow pancakes with the mango puree on the side.
Recipe by: Lekker van Albert Heijn: www.ah.nl/allerhande