Crispy Pork Belly tacos is one of our favorite recipes of all. It’s very hard to find something as delicious as a pork belly…. and do some tacos, is and will be something we are always up to do in all different ways.
There is no limitation when we talk about tacos. It’s an universal meal already, no matter if you are in Mexico as an original chef maker, or in Amsterdam doing some homemade tacos for your roommates and friends or here in Aruba as a fun and tasty dinner option with your favorite person.
Pork belly it’s very easy to do, you can find it in every market and if you have an air fryer ( or oven) will be as quick & tasty as the time to took preparing the side.
We choose pork belly because we want to give you the best ideas of our routine recipes with a small but tasty twist to finish the recipe in the happiest way possible.
Let’s prepare this and when you do it at home, tag your favorite Super Market @lingandsons We will be waiting for.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Author: Haisa Avila @redbeyondfood
Photo Credit: Orange Media @Orangemedia
6 strips of pork Belly
Tortillas ( I used gorditas & tortillas Albert Heijn)
Bbq hickory smoke sauce (optional)
Red pepper flakes or papaya spicy sauce (optional)
Sweet corn (optional
- Season the pork belly as you desired. What I used was dried garlic, olive oil in spray, salt & pepper. Cook the pork belly strips at 350F in the Air Fryer for 10 min per side or you can braise it in the oven at 350f but for 20 to 25 min per side.
- After the pork belly is cooked, stir some BBQ sauce on top and place it back to the air fryer for another 3 min per side or until you see the brown cover on top.
- Make the famous pico de gallo or cut the veggies you’re going to use in very tiny pieces, season with salt & pepper and set aside for the end.
- If you want your tortillas warm, place them in a large cast iron skillet for 2 minutes per side. Then start filling your tortillas with the pork belly strips.
- Add the pico de gallo on top, dress with your favorite sauce and top it with fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy it.