Servings: 14 mummies
- 1 ½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese - softened
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips - or white dipping chocolate (like CandiQuik)
- red food coloring
In a large bowl combine gingersnap crumbs, pumpkin puree, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and mix into truffle mixture.
Cover and chill until dough is solid enough to roll into balls - about 1 hour in the fridge or 30 minutes in the freezer. When cold enough, roll mixture into 12-14 balls. Place a toothpick in each ball.
Melt remaining white chocolate chips or white dipping chocolate in a small bowl. Use toothpicks to dip each truffle ball into the white chocolate, being sure to coat all sides. Gently shake off excess chocolate. Place chocolate-covered truffle balls on a baking sheet or plate lined with wax paper, parchment paper, or foil. Chill for 3-5 minutes until chocolate hardens.
Drizzle more white chocolate over the truffles. Soak the end of a Q-tip in red food coloring. Dap 2 dots of food coloring to make the mummy eyes. Handle carefully so you don't wipe off the eyes. Store chilled in airtight container.