Featuring the Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour and Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal, these waffles are freckled with flax, perfectly sweet, crisp and ready for your favorite toppings.
- SERVINGS: About 6 waffles
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5-6 minutes
- PASSIVE TIME: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 6 Tbsp Warm Water
- 1 1/2 cups Cashew Milk (about 110°F)
- 6 Tbsp melted Vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Prepare flax eggs: whisk together flaxseed meal and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine warm milk, butter, sugar, salt, vanilla and yeast.
- After 5 minutes, whisk flax eggs, flour, baking powder and cinnamon into milk mixture.
- Cover loosely with kitchen towel and rest for 1 hour.
- Heat and prepare waffle iron with light oil mist.
- Stir batter a few times to smooth out mixture.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into center of iron and bake for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from iron and serve immediately or store in 200°F oven on wire rack.