Fruit cobbler is the perfect dessert to showcase the freshest fruit of the season—or whatever you have on hand. In this version, we used mixed freshly frozen berries, but peaches, apples and pears all work really well. Not only can you use different kinds of fruits, but this recipe can also be made with fresh, frozen or canned fruits, making it ideal for any time of the year. This delicious combination of warm cake and juicy fruits topped with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream . . . mmmm, it's the perfect treat!
Soaking the flour and milk in the refrigerator will soften the flour to make a fluffier cake. To do this, mix the flour with 1 ¾ cups of the almond milk. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight. Once soaked, add the remaining ingredients and bake the cobbler according the directions.
- SERVINGS: 8 servings
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40–60 minutes
- PASSIVE TIME: 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Dairy-Free Butter (28 g)
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour (296 g)
- 2 cups Sugar (432 g) or Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener (sugar free option)
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Almond Milk (473 mL)
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar (59 mL)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb Frozen Mixed Berries, about 3 cups (454 g) or fresh or canned berries
- Place butter in a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish. Put the dish in the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Next, add almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- When the butter is melted, remove the dish from the oven, rotate the pan around to cover the bottom and sides with the melted butter. Pour batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with fruit and bake for 40 minutes–1 hour, until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. The length of baking time will depend on whether you are using fresh, frozen or canned fruit.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.